What other features do the First Alert® OneLink® alarms have?
First Alert® OneLink® Technology
First Alert® OneLink® alarms include these quality innovative features:
- A photoelectric smoke sensor. Other wireless manufacturers use ionization sensors. Photoelectric sensor technology is nuisance resistant around kitchens and bathrooms, which traditionally are more prone to nuisance alarms from cooking smoke and steam from showers. Nuisance issues with tenants is time consuming and costly. Some areas of the country require photoelectric alarms near high nuisance areas like kitchens and bathrooms.
- Requires only 2 “AA” batteries vs. 3 AA batteries with other wireless manufacturers. This saves 33% in annual battery replacement costs. For large apartment complexes, this can add up to thousands in savings per year.
- Two Silence features: Alarm Silence can quiet nuisance alarms for several minutes. Low Battery Silence can temporarily silence the low battery chirp for up to eight hours before replacing the battery. This is a key feature when the low battery chirp begins in the middle of the night and you do not have any replacement batteries. You can quiet the chirp and then replace the batteries when it’s more convenient.
- Perfect Mount mounting bracket allows for adjustments to the alarm orientation without it disconnecting from the mounting bracket. This allows for a cleaner installation.
- Tamper resistant pins to lock the battery drawer and alarm to mounting bracket. This is a requirement in many multi-family installations.
- Pull out battery drawer makes it easier to replace the batteries. No need to remove from wall or ceiling. The competition’s battery access on the back of the unit.
- The SA520B hardwired alarm has the same contractor preferred features like a AC power quick connector, large opening in mounting bracket for easy access to wiring, keyhole slots in the bracket to eliminate the need to completely remove the electrical box screws to install the bracket and a universal bracket that fits any standard electrical box up to 4” in size.
- All smoke alarms have a 10-year limited warranty and CO’s or Smoke/CO combos have a 5-year limited warranty.
See our lineup of OneLink Wireless Battery and OneLink Wireless Hardwired Alarms.
»Download OneLink Wireless Alarms FAQ's in pdf format.