1. General Jarden Consumer Solutions respects the privacy of every individual who visits our Corporate or Divisional websites or responds to our guestbooks, contests, or interactive advertisements. This Privacy statement outlines the information Jarden Consumer Solutions will collect and how we will use that information. This Statement will inform you what to do if you do not want your personal information to be shared or divulged when you visit a Jarden Consumer Solutions website or respond to our advertising.
2. Personally - Identifiable Information Jarden Consumer Solutions will not collect any personally-identifiable information about you (that is your name, address, telephone number, or email address) unless you provide it voluntarily. If you do not want your personally-identifiable information collected do not submit it to us. If you do submit personally-identifiable information we will use it in the following ways, unless stated otherwise: we may store and process that information to better understand your needs, and how we can improve our products and services; we may use that information to contact you. We will not give or sell your individual information to any outside company for its use in marketing or solicitation and we will maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and it will only be used to support your relationship with Jarden Consumer Solutions and its Divisions.
Aside from websites or webpages specifically directed toward children, Jarden Consumer Solutions has no intention of collecting any personally identifiable information (e.g., name, address, telephone number, or email address) from children under thirteen years of age. In the event that a child under thirteen years of age has provided us with personally-identifiable information, the parent may ask to review the personal information that Jarden Consumer Solutions maintains about the child, request the deletion of the child's personal information, and/or refuse to permit our further collection or use of the child's personal information. These types of requests may be submitted to us at the e-mail address listed at the bottom of this statement.
The parental email address collected from each child is used solely to obtain parental consent, and it is not provided to any third party except those third parties we have engaged to assist us in running the contest or sweepstakes. These third parties are required to maintain the parental email in confidence and may use it only in connection with the services they are providing to us.
The information collected from winners may be (i) used in advertising and promotional activities relating to our contest and/or sweepstakes, which may include making certain of this information publicly available, and (ii) passed on to third parties for the purpose of awarding prizes, and, depending on the type of prize, these third parties may not be prohibited from using the information for purposes other than awarding the prize (such as marketing or advertising). Again, please note that personally identifiable information (other than a parent's address) is collected only from the parents of children under the age of thirteen who have potentially won a prize, and only after the parent consents to the award of the prize and the disclosure of the information.
Jarden Consumer Solutions maintains this site (the "Site") for your personal entertainment, information, education, and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for noncommercial, personal use only provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post, or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without Jarden Consumer Solutions' written permission. Your access to and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, (i) the Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreements between you and Jarden Consumer Solutions are superseded and of no force or effect, (ii) you have the capacity to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, and (iii) if you are a company or other entity, you have the authority to bind such company or entity.
Terms and Conditions
1. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site without the written permission of Jarden Consumer Solutions. Jarden Consumer Solutions neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Jarden Consumer Solutions.
2. While Jarden Consumer Solutions uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, Jarden Consumer Solutions makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Jarden Consumer Solutions assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
3. Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. Neither Jarden Consumer Solutions nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. Jarden Consumer Solutions ALSO ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THE SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO, OR AUDIO FROM THE SITE. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
4. The Site is intended to assist the user with information about Jarden Consumer Solutions' products. Jarden Consumer Solutions is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the materials, information, or recommendations provided on this Site, nor for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained on this Site or a hyper-linked site. All users are advised to consult with an authorized Jarden Consumer Solutions dealer prior to purchasing any Jarden Consumer Solutions products.
5. Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by Jarden Consumer Solutions or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, Jarden Consumer Solutions is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
6. Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Jarden Consumer Solutions. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
7. The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site, are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Sunbeam Products, Inc. and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of Sunbeam Products, Inc. or such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Sunbeam Products, Inc. will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
8. Jarden Consumer Solutions has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
9. Although Jarden Consumer Solutions may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Site, Jarden Consumer Solutions is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Jarden Consumer Solutions will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Jarden Consumer Solutions to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
10. Software from this Site is further subject to United States export controls. No software from this Site may be downloaded or exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (ii) anyone on the United States Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Denied Persons List. By downloading or using the software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
11. Jarden Consumer Solutions may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.